LARGE ENTERPRISECategory: Corporate Telephony
Avaya Communication Server 1000
Communication Server 1000 is a server-based, full-featured IP PBX and the cornerstone of Nortel Enterprise Unified Communications deployments. It provides the benefits of a converged network plus advanced applications and over 750 world-class telephony features. Fully distributed over IP LAN & WAN infrastructure with built-in reliability and survivability, Communication Server 1000 supports business-critical applications, including unified messaging, customer contact center, IVR, wireless VoIP and IP phones.
○ Feature rich with over 750 call processing and telephony features
○ Highly scalable with support for up to 22,500 IP users off of one Call Server, multiple Call Servers networked together can support unlimited scalability
○ World class reliability and redundancy mechanisms – highly reliability architectural elements that maximize network uptime with extensive redundancy mechanisms to ensure network uptime including survivability options such as Campus and Geographic redundancy to support network failover
○ Extensive desktop portfolio includes; Wireless, Soft-phones, IP, Digital and Analog set support, to meet diverse end-user requirements
○ Supports business-critical applications, including IP Contact Center, CallPilot unified messaging, and integrated services such as conferencing, one-number-follow-me Personal Call Director, recorded announcement, network-wide attendant and messaging
○ Telephony integration with desktop application providers such as Microsoft and IBM
Features and benefits
○ Resiliency mechanisms ensure your network stays up and operational to ensure you stay focused on the business at hand
○ Security mechanisms ensure your network traffic, data and users are protected – so you can worry about growing your business
○ Open architecture enables integration with 3rd party clients and applications to deliver solutions that meet your objectives
○ Simple, scalable architecture enables you to deploy one solution today and evolve it as your needs dictate
○ Empower your mobilized workforce with the same capabilities and tools available to the desktop
○ Distributed services across a common communication network improves efficiency
○ Extensive desktop capabilities, including IP, digital and analog phone support leverages support of existing infrastructure
○ Integration with world-class telephony and multimedia applications from Nortel and 3rd parties provides your workforce with the tools to excel
○ Architecture and philosophy that ensures investment protection
○ An evolution path from TDM to IP – at your own pace!
○ Communication Server 1000 is an integral part of Nortel’s Unified Communications (UC) Vision and will evolve with you as your needs change
○ Integration with Microsoft and IBM UC solutions extends telephony capabilities to the desktop for enhanced productivity
Avaya Aura™ is the core communications platform supporting unified communications and contact center solutions for midsize to large enterprises. It extends Communication Manager and enables SIP-based session management with innovative and powerful capabilities. Leveraging a revolutionary SIP architecture and virtualization technology, Avaya Aura simplifies complex networks and reduces infrastructure costs. Employees at any location can be connected regardless of the infrastructure the endpoints reside on. Avaya Aura enables faster and easier deployment of communications capabilities such as voice, video, messaging, and presence. As a result, productivity and business agility can be increased. Branch, Standard, and Enterprise Editions offer simple per user licensing. Additional software and hardware are offered to support various levels of scalability and redundancy.
Features and Benefits
Improve business agility
SIP architecture with centralized management and control gives businesses agility to take advantage of new capabilities, deploy new applications, and deliver new levels of customer service.
Use the corporate network to handle traffic and reduce PSTN usage with a single enterprise-wide dial plan and intelligent routing policies. Save money by consolidating trunks. Reduce administrative costs with simpler management and infrastructure.
Avaya Aura makes it easy to deploy services to users as needed, independent of location or network connection. Employees get unified communications tools to work effectively in a fraction of the time.
Improve customer service
Empower workers with improved access to the services, information, and experts they need to provide superior customer service with call center capabilities across the enterprise.